CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Watching History Unfold


August 10
I just watched one of the biggest upsets in Olympic history. It was the men's 4X100 meter relay. The US were going up against France who said they would crush the Americans. Everyone was sure France would win it. I had hope and believed they could do it. They are amazing! It was so close, I was shouting at the TV willing them it win. And they didby just a split second. Not only that but it broke the world record by three or four seconds. It was so insane. I had to watch the medal cerimony. And as the national anthem played I could not help but taer up. I believe I tear up whenever I hear it. I'm tearing up just thinkging about it. It's great to live in this country-the promised land. A place where I can be free to live with out fear or opression. Where I can worship how I may. And those freedoms are defended by so many great men and women. This nation is so blessed. I am so blessed.

1 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Hooray for our studly USA team!!!