CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Unhappy Endings

August 2
Grrr! I really hate it when I get into something such as a show or a book (show being all forms -tv, movie, play) and they just kill off a main person. I get so attached and connected to them, concerned about their "life" then it's taken away. And it's just not the same. Lately that's all the writers have been doing. On every season finale someone has died or they've broken up a group of people in some form or another. I was just telling my mom how I am really enjoying this new Robin Hood series on BBCA. Then tonight they kill two people I really like. One a super major player in the story of Robin Hood. It's like it's tainted now. I'm not sure I'll be watching next season. But to ease my upset mind I've decided to take this way of thinking so everything will be alright...The person dies then they go to heaven where they receive and joyfully accept the gospel. If they are parted from the one they love then both lovers accept and get sealed so they can be together than death do they part. A happy ending after all.
Now shifting a bit I'd like to quickly say how awesome Ammon was (I'm sure he still is). Everyone likes him for the cutting off of the arms of the wicked men but it's what he did after that makes me admire him. He shows he's a hard core missionary, a true disciple of God. I love his conversation with the king about it. How he uses his actions as a teaching tool. He is so humble and gives the glory to God. He is nonstop serving the people plus he's so patient (I don't know if I'd wait for over an hour for the king to make a comment on a simple question). So awesome, what a great man! Fav. quote from Ammon is in Alma 18:34&35

2 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

I HATE it when my favorite people get killed off too! Like in LOST they killed off my favorite character so sad! :( I do like how you think about them going to heaven after, you make me smile!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Ya know what your blog background reminds me of? When gel pens first came out! I had all of this black notebook paper and my friends and I would color and pass notes with gel pens.. ha ha