CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Doctor's Worry

August 15
Isn't funny how you can have the same disease as someone else, someone you love and you're not worried about you having it but you're terrified for the other person? So afraid of what it is and can do to them. This rings loud and clear for me as this is how I feel. Today my doctor told me I'm showing yet another sign of lupus. My joints are inflamed (she found four or five between my hands and feet). It's made her concerned. She doesn't want it to be lupus or to give me that label. She said it would make it a lot harder to get married, impossible to get insurance, and if I want kids (which is a yes) it will be very difficult. It would be a high risk pregnancy with lots of possible complications. I'd need major monitoring the whole time and specialty doctors. I'm not worried about the marriage bit, the right guy will love me even with lupus. That won't stand in his/our way. I hate the insurance thing-it's so dumb not to let sick people have insurance. It just doesn't make any seance. And while the pregnant part does have me a little apprehensive, I'm not in dispare about it. Ever since I got my patriarchal blessing I've gathered that it wouldn't be easy. But what can I say, I'm a difficult child. And I'll show how difficult I can be by fighting it. For the man who loves me for me and not mortal things. For the sweet children I want so badly to bring into this world (even if it means adoption-totally good with that). For every person who has stood by me every moment. And for me, I'm too stubborn to let this illness win.
Now I must say it's not official yet. My Dr wants to wait and see. I'll be getting some more test results to help guide her. But I'm ready for whatever the outcome may be. I've had the feeling since mom was diagnosed . That feeling became stronger when I found out fibromyalga often turns into lupus. So it's only a matter of time really. I'm good for I am blessed. I just want my mom to be okay. I worry about her.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Lacey, you are one strong person. i know things will be fine. You have been there for me, it's my turn to be there for you. if you need anything please let me know. I will be there. I love ya tons. I know you and your mom will be just fine. You're both strong people. :)

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Oh my Lacey! I'm sorry things are so stressful for you. Please let me know if you need anything!!

Stephanie said...

Of course you'll beat the illness, your my Lacey - that's what you do best!! I just wish I could be there with you through all of this. You must be one strong person to be going through all that you are! I love you tons!!

Foulk Family said...

LACEY...I love you :) you are an amazing strong example to me... please let me know if i can help in anyway!! :)