CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas Party Hop


December is full of parties. I went to my fair share. The first one I ventured to was the ward Christmas party where I got to get up as part of the entertainment. I joined the young women (as part of my new calling) in a lip sync. What a walk down memory lane that was! Then the work party, good food. The extended family breakfast was next. Food, family, the usual. My favorite was when Santa and Mrs. Claus came, who isn't excited to see Santa? I loved seeing the little kids light up when they came in. They were captivated when Mrs. C read them a story, a few cried when it came to sitting on laps, others had to show them what they got. I loved the magic. It was also funny to see Ben sit on Santa's lap-for the last time. Right before Christmas I went to my aunts to see more family where something unexpected happened. Two people were there I did not think I knew. It was Santa and his Mrs. They were giving gifts to the little ones and taking family photos. The magic was there. As they were leaving Mrs. Claus came, gave me a hug and whispered in my ear, "Lacey, you don't remember us but we remember you. We were Charles friends." Then Santa comes up and says, "Hello Lacey! Surprised I know your name? I know these things," he hands me some candy canes, laughs and leaves. Now this took me aback. My Uncle Charles died when I was five. I only have one or two memories. How could they remember me from so long ago? I mean he had seven kids, my aunt had eleven, and they remember a five year old? Crazy! The last party I missed. Christmas eve, I was in bed with the stomach flu.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like fun, except for the stomach flu part of it. It's great that you were remembered! You are so awesome!