CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

say cheese


Just a funny little story...Since Alex started getting into talking he has not been able to say my name. He said it for one day up camping but hasn't been able to since. So he calls me "Tia" (it sounds like chi-a) which is aunt in Portuguese and it's so cute. And for my name he would call me "Cheese." Yes, cheese like what you eat with crackers. We have no idea why. You'd tell him to, "say Lacey" and he would go, "Cheese!" Then one day it changed just like that and now he calls me "Sissy" which I like better. My mom isn't sure if it's because he hears her call me sis all the time. Who knows? I've been called sissy by a sweet little girl who had a hard time with my name. It's those "L's" they can be tricky! He'll get it one day, but in the mean time I'll just enjoy the promotion from a bacterial culture to a relative. It's so great to be an aunt! I love it!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is so funny! I love it when kids start talking!

Ben and Tami said...

alex sounds like he is so much fun to be with. i like it when they start talking too. i think it is way cute. maybe we'll call you sissy as well. (i'm sorry to hear about your puppy).